Friday, April 28, 2023

LEMONY-STRAWBERRY YOGURT MUFFINS (SF)

 I'm just a little delayed in sharing these delicious mini-muffins that I made for the Cafe Treats back in the middle of March. I made two different recipes for mini-muffins that I made for those people needing or wishing for less sugar. I shared the Blueberry Mini-Muffins recipe, but not sure why I never got around to sharing the Lemony-Strawberry Yogurt ones. 

I found both recipe in my go-to cookbook, The Heartstone Inn from Eureka Springs, AR. I have made so many recipes from it. I love cookbooks from B & B's, Inns, or cafes. You can pretty much depend on all of the recipes to be great! 

The only change I made when making these muffins, other than making them mini-muffins instead of regular sized one, was changing the lemon yogurt to a zero sugar strawberry Greek yogurt (because I didn't have any lemon yogurt). I guess I should add that I omitted the chopped pecans but that's because the Cafe Treats is a "nut-free" zone.

The recipe made 27 mini-muffins.

PRINT RECIPE


LEMONY-STRAWBERRY YOGURT MUFFINS (SF)

2       cups flour

2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2    teaspoon baking soda

1/2    teaspoon salt

1       tablespoon grated lemon peel (I use dried lemon peel)

1       egg

1       cup sugar (I use Stevia)

1       cup (8 oz) carton lemon or strawberry yogurt (I used zero-sugar strawberry Greek yogurt)

1/4    cup oil 

1/2    cup chopped pecans (optional)


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or use paper liner cups for muffin tin.


Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.

Stir in lemon peel.


Mix the egg, oil, sugar, and yogurt, 


blending well.

Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and

stir just until moistened.








Stir in the pecans if you are using them.

Fill cups 2/3 full.


Bake for 12 - 14 minutes for the mini-muffins and 18 minutes for regular muffins or until golden brown.


Cool 2 minutes before removing to finish cooling.









Store in an airtight container.

TIP: If you don't feel all of the cups, add a little water to the empty cups so the muffins will bake evenly.
Here's a picture from the Cafe of the two SF mini-muffins I made for the Cafe Treats that Sunday.


BLUEBERRY MINI-MUFFINS


Lemony-Strawberry Yogurt Mini-Muffins 

No comments:

Post a Comment