Tuesday, April 4, 2023

APPLESAUCE MINI-MUFFINS

 Back when I first started the Cafe Treats for our church, Platte Woods United Methodist Church, I was making all of the treats each week. After doing that, I think, three times, I knew I needed help and started the group of volunteers to make their choice of treats for the "Cafe". It really wasn't hard to get people to say yes when I asked some friends and then when I placed a sign-up sheet out, people quickly signed up. 

Anyway, one Sunday I made two different kinds of mini-muffins because I could make 2 to 3 dozen easily with each recipe. These Applesauce Muffins I found in my The Heartstone Inn cookbook from Eureka Springs, Arkansas Bed & Breakfast. As normal for me I made a few changes but mainly to make them sugar-free. I did use stevia for the sugar and no-sugar-added applesauce Those people who have to avoid sugar due to health issues really appreciated and liked them. Actually people who don't have health reason to avoid sugar liked them.

PRINT RECIPE



APLESAUCE MUFFINS

2       cups flour

1/2    cup sugar or stevia

4       teaspoons baking powder

1/2    teaspoon salt

1/2   teaspoon cinnamon

1/4  teaspoon nutmeg

1-1/2 cups applesauce

1       egg

1/4    cup melted butter



Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan or mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use paper cups to line the cups. Set aside.


Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir just til moistened.

Mix the applesauce, egg, and melted butter.

Add all at once into the dry ingredients and

stir just until moistened. 

Fill the cups 2/3 full.

(I used a tablespoon scoop to measure.)

Bake for 20 minutes for regular sized muffins or 10 to 12 minutes for mini-muffins or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before

removing to a wire rack to finish cooling. 












The recipe made 28 mini-muffins. These muffins freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment