Wednesday, April 5, 2023

BLUEBERRY MINI-MUFFINS

 I know I have shared a lot of recipes from The Heartstone Inn, a B & B in Eureka Springs, AR but what can I say...They have fantastic recipes and I keep finding more and more that sound wonderful and so far everything I have made, has been more than wonderful. 

They have given credit to Ruth and Jim Spears at the Victorian Sampler Tea Room in Eureka for this recipe for Blueberry Muffins. First, I made them mini-muffins instead of regular sized muffins. I also made them with a sugar substitute and with wild frozen blueberries with no-sugar-added. I love the wild blueberries you can buy frozen. They are smaller than the fresh blueberries you can buy so that means every mini-muffin will have several blueberries at least.

PRINT RECIPE.



BLUEBERRY MINI-MUFFINS

1        stick (1/2 cup) of butter, softened

2        eggs

1-1/8  cups sugar or sugar substitute

3        cups flour, divided

3        teaspoons baking powder

1/2     teaspoon salt

Pinch of baking soda

1        cup milk

1        teaspoon vanilla

2        cups blueberries (I used frozen wild blueberries, rinsed and dried with a paper towel.)

Sugar (optional)  (I did omit)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line two mini-muffin tins for 24 mini-muffins. (I sprayed the tins with non-stick cooking spray.)


Cream together the butter, eggs, and sugar. 









Reserve 3 tablespoons of the flour. Set aside.


In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.

Add the vanilla to the milk. Alternately add the milk and the flour mixture to the creamed mixture.

(I do 3xs the dry mixture and

2xs the liquid mixture; stirring well after each addition.
)




Place the berries in a separate bowl;

sprinkle with the reserved flour and turn gently with a spoon until the berries are lightly coated.

Fold berries into the batter.



Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle with sugar, if you are using the additional sugar.

I used my tablespoon cookie scoop to measure.

Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown or until a tester comes out clean. The recipe made almost 48 mini-muffins.


When you don't completely fill a pan, always remember to add a little water to the empty cups so your muffins will bake evenly.
They looked so pretty in the Cafe with two of the other treats. I will be sharing the recipe for the yogurt mini-muffins soon. I didn't get the recipe for the chocolate cookies on top. They went fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment