Monday, April 10, 2023

AMISH SUGAR COOKIES

I managed to get this one picture of a few of Friend Jo Ann's Amish Sugar Cookies before they were all eaten when she made them for the Cafe Treats a few weeks ago. Since there were only a few left, I thought I would wait and eat one after church. Well, there were none when church was over so I can't even tell you what I thought of them. I'm just going to let the fact that they were all eaten as a review for them.

I am so enjoying the variety of treats that are being brought in to share each Sunday. I hope you have been following My Patchwork Quilt regularly and have tried some of the recipes yourself. 

I have a cookie press but don't remember when I used it last. If you like perfectly formed cookies or fancy looking cookies, I would certainly recommend that you buy one and give it a try. I didn't ask Jo Ann, but I'm sure you could drop scoops of dough onto the cookie sheet and bake them. You could press them with a fork like you do when you make peanut butter cookies to flatten them out or press them lightly with a sugar-coated glass bottom.

PRINT RECIPE.



 AMISH SUGAR COOKIES

1     cup sugar

1     cup powdered sugar

1     cup (2 sticks) butter

1     cup oil

2     eggs

4-1/2  cups flour

1        teaspoon cream of tartar

1        teaspoon baking soda

1        teaspoon salt

1        teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Ungreased cookie sheet

Beat the sugars, butter, and oil until light and fluffy.

Combine the dry ingredients together and then add them to the sugar/butter mixture alone with the vanilla.

Use a cookie press to form cookies. Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.

Bake for 10 minutes. Do not overbake. You want them to be just a little brown around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment