Monday, May 1, 2023

WHIPPED YOGURT AND TANGY BERRY PARFAITS

 

One of the groups that I met regularly in for a bunch of years and stopped with COVID has finally started back up - Mexican Train.  In ways it seems like forever ago that we played together but in other ways like yesterday. 

Before we met once a month on the second Thursday afternoons of the month. No I don't remember that; I had to go back on my calendar on my phone to 2018 to see. That's when I feel like it has been forever ago that we met.

Now we are meeting on the fourth Monday afternoon and for some reason I can't get that imprinted on my brain. I should remember that it meets the day before Blankets of Hope meets for the second time of the month. Now that I have made that relationship, hopefully I will remember this month. 

Well, when we met this past month, I was made aware of it when Friend Janice sent me a text asking me if we were playing the next afternoon. She said she had not gotten any notice for it, but I checked my calendar and ended up sending a message to the hostess Carla that Janice and I would be there.

I'm hosting this month so I had better not forget the date.

I also have to come up with a fabulous dessert to follow up Carla's delightful weight watcher dessert that she served. It was just what the afternoon called for. 

PRINT RECIPE.



WHIPPED YOGURT AND TANGY BERRY PARFAITS

5     strawberries, cut into quarters

1/2  cup blueberries

1/2  cup raspberries

1/2  cup blackberries

2     tablespoons chopped fresh mint

1     tablespoon maple syrup

1     cup fat-free vanilla yogurt

1/2  cup fat-free non-dairy whipped topping

1/4  cup low-fat granola

Mint sprigs

Combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, chopped mint and the maple syrup in a medium bowl.

Combine the yogurt and whipped topping in another bowl. 

Alternately layer the berry mixture with the yogurt mixture, ending with the berries, in four 6 - ounce parfait glasses. 

Sprinkle each with a tablespoon of the granola and garnish with the mint sprigs.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment