Wednesday, May 24, 2023

OREO KRISPIES TREATS

 We added a new participant to our Cafe Treats Bakers a week ago. It is so exciting to have someone come up to the Cafe and say, "Well, I guess I could do this to help out." That's what New Baker Kathy said to me. So, of course, I invited her to join us and got her information. She then said, "I can bring something next Sunday." She later texted me that she would bring rice krispies treats. 

A couple of days later I was going through a box of junk - recipes, bills, letters, etc and I found a 2-page spread on "fancy" rice krispies treats. I took a picture of it and sent it to her and she decided to make these Oreo Krispies Treats for a change. 

AND they are so good and she said they were easy to make. It's just the right combination of marshmallows and cereal and cookies.

PRINT RECIPE.



OREO KRISPIES TREATS

6     tablespoons butter

6     cups mini marshmallows 

15   Oreo cookies

5     cups Rice Krispies cereal

white baking chips

cooking spray

Grease a 9 x 13 " inch baking pan.

In a medium pot over low heat, melt the butter and the marshmallows stirring frequently until completely melted.

While the butter and marshmallows are melting, crush the Oreo cookies in a medium bowl making sure to leave some bigger chunks of cookie.

In a large bowl, combine the cereal and crushed cookies. Once the butter/marshmallow mixture is completely smooth, pour it over the cereal/cookie mixture stirring until thoroughly mixed.

Spread the mixture evenly in the baking pan. 

Melt some white baking chips, if you like, and drizzle over the top of the bars.

Cool completely before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment