Monday, May 8, 2023

FUNFETTI COOKIES

 Since I started the Cafe Treats at church, I have tried to share the recipes of the treats here and then tagged the church when I shared the post on Facebook. That way if anyone from church who was interested, they would have access to the recipe. 

Yesterday, while I was present in the Cafe, a young man came up and asked me if I had the recipe for the Funfetti Cookies. I told him the recipe would be on the church's Facebook page the next day. That's a first, but I'm glad someone liked one of our treats enough to ask for the recipe.

The cookies were very popular and I noticed several came back for a second one. One young lady brought a friend up to get one. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get one so I guess I will have to make them myself sometimes to see.

PRINT RECIPE.



FUNFETTI COOKIES

1     box Funfetti cake mix

2     cups whipped topping, thawed (I (8-oz) carton)

1     egg

1     teaspoon coconut flavoring

1/2  cup powdered sugar

In a large bowl, add the cake mix, whipped topping, egg, and coconut flavoring. Beat with a mixer until the ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Set aside.

Pour the powdered sugar in a small bowl and using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop balls of the cookie dough and drop them in the powdered sugar. Roll the ball to fully coat.

Place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Do not overbake. The centers will be soft when you take them out of the oven. Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to finish cooling on a wire rack.

The cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months after they cool completely. Place them in a single layer in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze flat.

Hope you will check back over the next week for the recipes for the Mighty Muffins (with blueberries and banana) and Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread - two other treats we served. I made both of them. The Mighty (Mini) Muffins were made with stevia for the sugar so they only had the natural sugar of the blueberries and bananas. There were only three of the mini-muffins left when a young man came up and reluctantly took one. He walked away to eat it, but came back and got the last two. Guess he thought they tasted okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment