Saturday, May 13, 2023

LEMON GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES


I wonder how many different recipes you could find for a lemon cookie? We have had several different Lemon Cookies shared in the Cafe Treats and none of them the same recipe. 

Baker Caroline made these Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies. She had two trays like the picture below. They were so pretty the way she arranged them I didn't dare redo them on my trays. 

They also must have been really awesome. I say that because I didn't even get a chance to eat one. I have a feeling I really missed out this time. I guess I will just have to make them myself.

PRINT RECIPE. 



LEMON GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES

1/2       cup unsalted butter, softened

8          oz cream cheese, softened

1-1/2    cups granulated sugar

2          large eggs

1          teaspoon lemon extract

1          lemon, zested

2-1/2    cups flour

1/2       teaspoon kosher salt

1          tablespoon baking powder

3/4       cup powdered sugar

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes.

Add in the eggs and lemon extract, beat until fluffy. Add the lemon zest.

Mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder until well combined.

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Once chilled, line  cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Scoop out cookie dough with a 2 tablespoon scoop. (Caroline only used a tablespoon scoop so she could cook more at a time.) Drop the dough into the powdered sugar and roll until generously coated.

Place on cookie sheet and bake for 11 - 13 minutes. (Check after 9 or 10 minutes if using a smaller scoop.)

Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment