Thursday, May 4, 2023

SHARON'S BLONDE BROWNIES

 If this is your first time at My Patchwork Quilt -- Welcome! If you have been here before -- well -- so glad to see you again. 

I started this blog back in 2012 because I missed teaching after being retired for a few years. I shared a recipe for a Fresh Strawberry Cake and I only had one picture -- the picture of the finished cake. Eleven years later and My Patchwork Quilt is so much more. I have people say they love all of my pictures and that is so good to hear. I am a visual learner myself and I know how much pictures mean to me. Sometimes though if I am sharing a recipe from a friend, I will usually have just one picture -- the finished product. I sometimes mention the name of products but I am not being paid to do so. I'm not doing this for the money. 

Even though it took a while for the post to appear, my main goal in starting My Patchwork Quilt was to let people know how easy it is to make a rag quilt. Funny. I know. But I had read so many tutorials and they made it seem so difficult and I also didn't agree with everything they said. My first rag quilt POST wasn't my usual tutorial (I did a lot of talking but did share pictures of a beautiful one I made for my sister-cousin) but two years later I did finally write up a post with pictures and everything. I updated the first post with a link to my tutorial. If you have the time, you might enjoy checking them out.

I still do tutorials when I make the time to write them up. It does take quite a bit of time because I know the skill level of my audience is probably different and I don't want to make it sound so difficult that I would discourage anyone from trying it. And my tutorials do bring most of the traffic to my blog. But most of my blog posts are recipes some extremely popular and some not so much. The interesting thing is that often a recipe that I think would be a Blue Ribbon Recipe, won't have very many people view it. That makes me sad.

At the beginning of this year, I started taking treats to church for the coffee "cafe". I call them Cafe Treats. After doing it by myself a couple of times, I realized I needed help and started asking friends if they would like to help. No one I asked said no. The list now has 22 people on it. One of my requests was to share the recipe with me so I could share it here. Most of the people have done so. That means I am back to writing almost four posts a week again. (At one time I was writing six posts a week. #getalife)

Today I am sharing a blonde brownie recipe Friend Sharon made. Blondes are so popular and Sharon's didn't disappoint everyone. The recipe made a smaller amount, but Sharon doubled the recipe so we could serve more people. In place of the nuts, she added white chocolate chips. (She omitted the nuts because that is one of the requirements in the guidelines for the Cafe Treats. You never know who has allergies and I don't want to leave anyone out.) I will share the original recipe because there may be many of you who would like making a smaller amount, and you can double it to make a larger amount.

PRINT RECIPE.



SHARON'S BLONDE BROWNIES

1/3      cup margarine or butter

1         cup brown sugar

2         eggs

1         teaspoon vanilla

1         cup flour

1/2      teaspoon baking powder

1/2      teaspoon salt

1/2      cup chocolate chips

1/2      cup nuts (optional) or 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 - inch square pan. Set aside.

Melt the margarine or butter, remove from heat and add the sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved. 

Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. 

Add dry ingredients and mix well. 

Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment