Thursday, May 11, 2023

ANGEL LUSH WITH PINEAPPLE

 I love angel food cake! It is so light and doesn't feel like you are eating any calories. 😄 My mother made angel food cakes but I don't think I have ever actually made one. It seems so scary getting it out of the pan. I think it will end up falling apart. Friend Janice makes them all of the time so I just need to jump in there and give it a try.

This recipe is a favorite of Friend Vicky and I'm so glad. In fact everyone at canasta thinks so. It was the perfect dessert after an afternoon of fun canasta. I don't remember if I were on the winning team or not -- that's how good this dessert was.

(A personal note...if you want to reduce the calories, just use a sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix, sugar-free whipped topping, and crushed pineapple in its own juice.)




PRINT RECIPE. 

ANGEL LUSH WITH PINEAPPLE

1     package (4 - serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding

1     (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1     cup thawed whipped topping

1      package (10 oz) prepared angel food cake

10    small strawberries (optional)

Mix the dry pudding mix and the pineapple with juice in a medium bowl.

Gently stir in whipped topping.

Cut the cake in half horizontally.

Place the bottom half of the cake on a serving plate. 

Spread a generous layer of the "frosting" on top.

Place the top layer of the cake on top and "frost" the cake on top and sides.

Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve.

(optional) you can decorate the top of the cake with fresh strawberries cut in half, if you wish)



No comments:

Post a Comment