Thursday, January 21, 2021

PEACH MUFFINS

 I was trying to delete some past pictures from my phone so I could free up some space. I do take lots of pictures when I am cooking/baking in the kitchen. Two sets were back from December 20. I matched one set with the blog post and deleted them. The other set didn't match up with any post. I remembered from the pictures that they were muffins I had taken to a neighbor when I was giving baked goods to neighbors for Christmas. 

All I could do was hunt for the recipe. What a scary thought! From the pictures I could see they contained peaches so that was my clue to help me find the recipe.

Because I was making so many breads and muffins from my Volume One The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, that's the one I picked up to check first. Instead of looking in the index, I thought I would first check the pages where I had my little pieces of stick-on Post-Its sticking up. Fortunately I had checked the recipe, but had also made another recipe on the page that I had marked with the Post-It. What a relief! It could have taken me a long time to find the recipe, but it only took about 10 or 15 minutes instead. I am blessed!

The recipe called for fresh peaches, but I did use some fresh frozen ones. I also forgot to sprinkle the tops with the extra sugar so I ended up making a powdered sugar glaze and drizzled it over them. 

The muffins came from Captain Ezra Nye Guest House in Sandwich, MA. The other recipe I made from there was for my new favorite Cranberry Nut Muffins. I made them Sunday and took them to our special teacher we "adopted" from our church to pray for and provide any needs she had for this difficult school year. I didn't even eat one of them. I took her all 23 of them that I made Sunday.  


PEACH MUFFINS

4       cups flour

1       cup sugar

8       teaspoons baking soda

1-1/2 teaspoon salt

*     *     *

2        eggs

2        cups milk

1/2     cup oil

*     *     *

2        cups chopped fresh peaches

sugar


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. (The mini-Bundt muffin pan.)


Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.


In a large mixing
 bowl combine the eggs, milk, and oil with a whisk.

Add the dry ingredients and

mix until just moistened.

Add the peaches that you chopped.


Pour into muffin pans and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for 20 minutes. Makes two dozen muffins.

I made one pan of 12 fancy mini-Bundt muffins,

12 regular sized muffins, and

4  mini - Bundt cakes.

As I said earlier, I forgot to sprinkle the tops with sugar before I baked them so I made a powdered sugar glaze and drizzled it over the muffins.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment