Wednesday, January 6, 2021

CRANBERRY CRUNCH COOKIES

 At 9:50 this morning I will be at my 6-months cleaning at my dentist office. COVID-19 or no COVID-19 some things we must continue to do and getting my teeth cleaned is one of those things. They know that going to the dentist is not one of my favorite things to do, but everyone in the office is so nice and I love my dentist and my dental hygienist so that helps. Several years ago I started taking a treat for them when I went. I told them it was a bribe so they wouldn't hurt me. I made these Cranberry Crunch Cookies yesterday afternoon after working most of the day cleaning the attic to take them some.

I was really tired by the time I got around to making them, because as I said, I spent 4 to 5 hours working in the attic. Our house is split level so unlike most people in Kansas City, we don't have a basement. We do have an attic area over most of two bedrooms which helps. The bad thing is getting up there. When we bought our house there were no stairs for the attic in the hallway. I guess they used a ladder to get up there. The other bad thing is the opening isn't as large as most attics so the only stairs small enough for us to install were telescopic stairs.

Most of what I have had up there have been decorations and mainly for Christmas. I also store flower arrangements for different seasons up there because they take up so much room. I also keep blankets and bedspreads up there. I really need to be in a good mood to get rid of bedspreads and go through the six tubs containing them. We have two beds - a queen-size bed and a trundle style day bed so we have several I could take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop for them to sell. There are a number of tubs I need to go through and sort out. Don't forget to read all the way to the bottom of the post to see before and after pictures.



CRANBERRY CRUNCH COOKIES

2      cups flour

1      teaspoon baking powder

1/2   teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4   teaspoon salt

1      cup butter (2 sticks), softened

3/4   cup packed brown sugar

1/4   cup granulated sugar

2      eggs

1      teaspoon vanilla

1      13-ounce pkg, whole grain cereal flakes with cranberries and almonds (such as Post Selects Cranberry Almond Crunch)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk. Set aside.


In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar and granulated sugar until swell combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.

Beat in eggs and vanilla until

combined.

Gradually beat in flour mixture until

well combined.

Stir in cereal(dough will be thick and chunky). (I used the beater on low.) (I forgot to take a final picture of dough, but you can see the dollops on the cookie sheets.)


Drop dough by well-rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. (I baked mine 11 minutes.)

Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.

I used a rounded teaspoonful of dough for all of the cookie sheets except the last one. I used my small cookie scoop that I usually use and then just turned the dough over on a side. The cookies came out great! Less messy. 😁







Here are pictures I took before and after of the attic. I never took pictures of it back in December when I worked up there and brought down a car load of stuff that I took to Hillcrest. OR back when I used to have all the Christmas, Fall, and Springs stuff up there. Too bad.😞

Before:










After:










And this is what I took to Hillcrest Thrift Shop afterwards...









I didn't take a picture of the trash bag but it was a 13-gal one and it was full!😌 Needless to say I was exhausted last night.

1 comment:

  1. I impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon. website

    ReplyDelete