Thursday, January 28, 2021

IMPOSSIBLE LASAGNE PIE

 Today I am sharing one of the main dishes I made this month for us to enjoy several times. I can't tell you how much easier my life seems by simply doing my menu planning. Some days Wayne will ask as we sit down to eat at the dinning room table, "Is this our big meal for today?" Then he will say, "That's fine if it is. I need to lose these extra pounds I have added with this pandemic."

You may have made a main dish called Impossible Cheeseburger Pie? I know I have many times. I never knew there were other options until I found the recipes from a tear-out in a box of recipes I was trying to go through earlier in January. There is also an Impossible Taco Pie that if I made it I would have to omit the green chilies and an Impossible Quesadilla Pie for the same reason. (Sorry chilies and peppers and onions don't agree with me.)

Anyway, I decided to make the Impossible Lasagne Pie and we really liked it. As I said it lasted for three meals but I spread them out so we didn't eat it two days in a row. As I typed up the recipe I realized I didn't put half of the mozzarella cheese in the meat mixture. I put it all on top of the pie after it came out. Made a nice cheesy top for the pie. Need to make sure I have on my stronger glasses next time I am reading small print in a recipe.



IMPOSSIBLE LASAGNE PIE

1     pound ground beef

1     teaspoon dried oregano leaves

1/2  teaspoons dried basil leaves

1     can (6 ounces) tomato paste

1     cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1/2  cup small curd creamed cottage cheese

1/4  cup grated parmesan cheese

1     cup milk

2/3  cup baking mix

2     eggs

1     teaspoons salt

1/4  teaspoon pepper



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or spray a deep-dish pie plate.


Cook and stir beef over medium heat until brown; drain.

Stir in oregano, basil tomato paste, and 1/2 cup the mozzarella cheese.

Layer cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in the pie plate.

Spoon beef mixture over top.

Beat milk, baking mix, eggs, salt, and pepper until smooth, 15 seconds in the blender on high or 1 minutes with hand beater.

Pour into plate.

Bake until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.

Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Cool 5 minutes before serving.  



1 comment:

  1. Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too. long grain brown rice Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often. -

    ReplyDelete