Monday, January 11, 2021

INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE

 Chicken Pot Pie is one of the "Comfort Foods" that is one of my favorites. I have successfully found and shared with you several really good recipes I have made. Today I am sharing an awesome one that I made in the Instant Pot. 

Don't have an IP? That's okay. You could still make this on your stove top using cooked chicken and simmer it til the vegetables are are done. I made my famous Buttermilk Biscuits instead of canned biscuits. Yum! Yum! 

This is my first thing to cook in my IP that didn't have a broth or water for the liquid. So I wasn't quite prepared when after the time was up and I did a "Quick Release" to release the pressure, the mess I encountered. I had a towel close by and managed to hold it over the vent and kept most of the soup droplets from getting on my upper cabinets and refrigerator. At the end of the recipe I share a tip with you about cleaning my inner pot afterwards. You don't want to miss it. (Even if you don't have an IP, the tip works on your saucepans also.)



INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE

2 - 3   boneless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) (My two were thawed)

1        can cream of chicken soup

1        cup milk

1        cup chicken broth

1/2     onion chopped (optional) (I sprinkled some dried minced onions over top)

2 - 3   potatoes (peeled and diced) (I had 2 cups of diced potatoes)

1        16 - oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables

1/2      cup chopped celery

Salt and Pepper to taste

1         teaspoon garlic salt

1/4      teaspoon poultry seasoning (I omitted)

Canned biscuits or Homemade biscuits



Combine the soup, milk, and broth together in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside.

Layer the ingredients in the inner pot in this order:


* chicken breasts

* diced potatoes

* chopped onion 


* frozen vegetables

* celery

* salt and pepper

* garlic salt

* poultry seasoning if you are using


Pour the liquid mixture over all of the ingredients.


Place the top on the IP and close.


Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button and

reset time to 25 minutes. 


Allow the cooker to come to pressure (about 10 minutes - you will hear it boiling and some steam will be released during this time.)


Timer will reset to 25 minutes and

count down as it Cooks.


When it is cooked, press the vent lever down.

(At this point my "mess" started.

I grabbed a towel and held it over the pot to catch the "soupy steam".

This took about 3 minutes to completely release.
)


Remove the chicken and

cut or shred it (my husband did this for me as I was making the biscuits)

and then return to pot and

stir to combine.


Serve in a bowl with

a biscuit on top.

TIP! This is what my inner pot looked like afterwards...

I poured about 1/4 inch of vinegar in the pot.

I rubbed it with a non-scratch sponge and

WOW - clean as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment