Wednesday, July 5, 2017

LAZY WIFE'S DINNER

Susan Blank from Narvon, PA called this casserole Lazy Wife's Dinner in Wanda E. Brunstetter's The Best of Amish Friends Cookbook Collection. If I were naming it, I would have named it Busy Wife's Dinner because I prepared it on a day when I was very busy - not lazy. Because I had been busy all day, I finally became lazy while it baked. So maybe that's what she was thinking.

I was a little concerned when I saw it only had 1 cup of cooked meat. I thought about doubling it, but Friend Fran suggested I just make it like the recipe and then see. So that is what I did. Everything worked out fine, but my husband did comment that it didn't have much meat in it. Later when we warmed it up to eat leftovers, I added some more of the cooked ground beef to it and he thanked me. Probably will double the meat the next time. I will leave it up to you.


LAZY WIFE'S DINNER

1        cup diced raw potatoes (I used sweet potatoes)
1        cup diced carrots
1        cup cooked meat (I used ground beef)
1        cup uncooked macaroni
3       tablespoons chopped onion
1        can cream of chicken, mushroom, or celery soup (I did use cream of chicken)
1-1/2 cups frozen vegetables (I read it mixed vegetables and that is what I used)
1-1/2 cups milk
1         cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine all ingredients and pour into baking dish. Bake covered, for 1-1/2 hours.








It warms up nicely in the microwave for leftovers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment