Thursday, July 13, 2017

ZUCCHINI TOMATO TOSS

I saw this recipe in Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook and knew my husband would enjoy it and appreciate the fact that I was making it for him. He was impressed and only suggested that I double the garlic. I have written the recipe below with the garlic doubled. (I also revised it as I made it again tonight and added yellow squash. I also cut the red and orange sweet peppers in strips instead of dicing. I think that worked better.)



ZUCCHINI TOMATO TOSS

1/4       cup chopped green pepper (I used an orange and red sweet pepper and cut them in strips)
1           medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1           medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1           small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
2          garlic cloves, minced
1           teaspoon olive oil
2          small plum tomatoes, peeled, and cut into wedges (I just used a medium sized tomato)
1/2       teaspoon salt
dash of pepper




In a nonstick skillet, add olive oil.
Saute the pepper, zucchini, onion, and garlic in olive oil for 3 - 4 minutes,
or until crisp-tender.
Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.



A picture of my second attempt. I didn't cook it quite as long the second time.

Makes 2 servings, 59 calories in each.

No comments:

Post a Comment