Wednesday, May 9, 2018

CORN PUDDING

Our Sunday school class, Faith Connectors, had a potluck social Sunday evening. I usually offer to bring a dessert, but this time I said I would bring a hot dish. I left it at that and didn't specify what hot dish I planned to bring. 

During class Sunday morning, I received a text from a class member saying they were not going to be able to come because they were taking her mother-in-law to ER. She wanted me to know that she had planned to bring green beans and mac 'n cheese. Someone offered to bring mac 'n cheese and several started stating what they were bringing. It was so funny, because three of us said we were bringing a corn casserole. (No one had said they were bringing a corn casserole.) Anyway, we calmly got it settled and I ended up being the one to bring the corn casserole. 

I had planned to bring a Three Corn Casserole but the recipe above it was for Corn Pudding. It sounded interesting and so I decided to make it instead of the Three Corn Casserole.

I made it so it would come out of the oven about 15 minutes before we were planning to leave. That way it would still be warm when we were ready to eat dinner. I don't eat corn too often and I really enjoyed it. I think everyone else did also but there was only about 1 serving left. I brought it home and heated it up for another day.

The recipe came from The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals Cookbook and Ferne Ropp from Tremont, IL and the First Mennonite Church.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE, CLICK HERE.



CORN PUDDING

3      tablespoons melted margarine (I use butter)
4      tablespoons sugar
4      eggs
4      tablespoons flour
2      16 - ounce cans cream-style corn (Mine were almost 15 ounces.)
1/2   lb Velveeta cheese, cubed


Preheat oven to  350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 - inch casserole dish for easy cleanup.


Combine all ingredients. (I waited to add the eggs until I had the melted butter covered. It was hot and I didn't want to cook the eggs.)



Bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment