Friday, May 11, 2018

EASIEST CHICKEN POT PIE

This recipe is called Easy Chicken Pot Pie but it should say say "Bestest" instead of Easy. Bestest is a "Patricia" word. I have a friend, Ann, who introduced me to the Northland New Neighbors League when we first moved to Kansas City. I called her my BBF one day and she questioned it. Of course, she was expecting BFF, but as far as I was concerned she was my BBF - Bestest Best Friend. I don't even want to think what my life would be like if Ann had not taken me to a monthly coffee for the Northland's NNL less than two months after we moved here. It was a fantastic way for me to meet and make new friends and learn the area. Anyway, almost 10 years later, we still refer to each other as BBFs.

So I have to tell you that this is the BCPP (Bestest Chicken Pot Pie) that I have ever made/eaten. Eating it for dinner was one of those times you just wish you could eat more - it was so good.

Jeannie Gascho, a granddaughter of Emanuel and Mattie Hochstedler, shared the recipe in the Hochstedler Family Cookbook.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE, CLICK HERE.



EASY CHICKEN POT PIE

2     cans cream of chicken soup
1     can chicken broth *
2     cups cooked chicken
1     pkg. frozen vegetables (I used a 10 ounce bag of steamed frozen vegetables.)
1     cup flour
1     cup milk
1     stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F for 1 hour. (I reduced the temperature to 375 degrees F because I was using a glass baking dish.) Grease or spray a 9 x 13 - inch pan.

Mix the soup, broth, chicken (cubed),
and frozen vegetables in a large bowl.

Pour into prepared pan.

Mix the flour and milk very well with a whisk in a smaller bowl.
Pour in melted butter.
Mix.

Pour over filling very carefully.

Make sure you cover the mixture.


Bake uncovered for 1 hour.






Best served in a bowl.








* I made the chicken broth by heating 10 ounces of water in the microwave to boiling and then add two chicken bouillon cubes. Stir to dissolve with a fork to break up the cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment