Wednesday, May 2, 2018

CHEESY TUNA MAC

When I saw this recipe, I thought it would be a good thing for me to make when the MO grandkids, Madison and Tyler, were "hanging out" at our house Saturday morning. The only problem was I didn't have the cheese spread. Instead I just made them grilled cheese sandwiches. After seeing how good it tastes, I will make sure I have the ingredients to make it the next time they come to stay at our house.

Back in the day when I made that famous mac 'n cheese that comes in a blue box, I often would just add a can of tuna to it. So I thought it was kinda funny when I saw this "homemade" mac 'n cheese with tuna added to it. I am sure I will be making this again as both of us thought it was quite tasty.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE, CLICK HERE.



CHEESY TUNA MAC

8     ounces (2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
2     tablespoons margarine or butter
2     tablespoons flour
1     teaspoon paprika
1/4  teaspoon salt
1     cup chicken broth
6     ounces cheese spread, cut into cubes
1     can (5 ounces) tuna packed in water, drained

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain; set aside.


Combine the flour, paprika, and salt in a small bowl.


Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium - low heat (Be careful that you don't burn it.)

Add flour mixture to melted butter;
cook and stir 1 minute. (I removed the pan from the flame and stirred it for most of the minute as it looked like it was going to burn.)


Add broth. (I make my broth by heating a cup of water in the microwave til it boils and then add a chicken bouillon cube and stir it to dissolve.) Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. (Stirring constantly.)


Add cheese spread; cook and stir until cheese melts.


Add tuna to pasta in a medium size bowl;



pour sauce mixture over tuna/pasta mixture;
toss to coat.









Garnish with additional paprika, if you like. (I didn't add anymore.)


No comments:

Post a Comment