Wednesday, June 14, 2017

BURGER CHILI AND CHIPS

I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe with you before. I thought I had made it in the last few years. It is one of those recipes I have had forever. I remember making it when our sons were still home but haven't made it too often since. 

This is another one of those recipes that helps stretch a pound of ground beef to feed a family of 6 or more. While we are not a family of 6 or more, my husband is okay with leftovers. So I like to cook casseroles for us.



BURGER CHILI AND CHIPS

1       lb. ground beef
1/2   cup chopped onion (I just sprinkled a little onion powder as I don't do onions well.)
1/2   cup or 1 stalk of celery diced
1/4   teaspoon salt
1/8   teaspoon pepper
1       15 - ounce can of chili with beans
1       8 - ounce can of tomato sauce
4      ounces (1 cup) grated cheese (I used mild cheddar)
1        cup slightly crushed corn chips + more when serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a skillet combine meat, onion, celery, salt, and pepper;
cook til vegetables are just tender.
Add chili and tomato sauce;
mix.
Stir in cheese
and HALF of the corn chips.


Turn into a 1-1/2 quart casserole.
Top with remaining 1/2 cup of chips.



Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or til heated through.



Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment