Tuesday, May 23, 2017

LEMONY AVOCADO DIP

I have so many recipes to share with you. I could probably go a week without cooking and not miss a day. (But I probably won't. ha!) I am writing this Monday afternoon but will post it tomorrow.

I am finding myself so busy right now with everything, I decided to start with a quick one. (It doesn't mean it is not as good as the other ones I have to share.) We realized our freezer in the garage wasn't working this morning. I am waiting for my husband to get home from the laundry mat (that's another story in itself) to go look for a new freezer. Eight friends just left after being here for an afternoon of Farkle and I still need to cook dinner. If the rain holds off, our granddaughter Madison has a softball game tonight at 7:30. 

This is the dip I made and served Friday night for the Couples Bridge Group. The recipe is called Lemony Avocado Dip but then says you can use lime juice as well. Since I had bought two avocados, I decided to make both. I think the lime one was liked by more. You can decide which one you want to make.


LEMONY AVOCADO DIP

1       ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
1       tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
1/2   cup light dairy sour cream
1       clove garlic, minced (I used 1 teaspoon minced garlic from a jar.)
1/8   teaspoon salt

In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash the avocado with the lemon juice or lime juice.

Stir in sour cream, garlic, and salt.







Serve with sweet pepper strips or chips.

If you make it ahead, cover the surface of the dip with plastic wrap and chill for up to 4 hours. (This is what I did. The plastic wrap was not touching the dip though and it was fine.)

This is how I served it so that it stayed cold for the evening.


Place dish in a larger bowl surrounded by ice. Dip will not turn dark or dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment