Wednesday, May 17, 2017

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA YOGURT PROTEIN DRINK

Imagine my surprise when I got in the car following Blankets of Hope last Tuesday at the church and realizing it was close to noon. Why? I was so excited when I realized it was lunch time and I wasn't really hungry. I am always on the lookout for protein drinks that I can enjoy when I start getting bored with the same breakfast and lunch. If I can add my daily Activia Greek yogurt to it, that is even nicer. And I had made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Protein Drink that morning and enjoyed it for breakfast.

I found a recipe for a drink that sounded really good and just started adding stuff to it until I had a taste that was good. You can actually add or omit ingredients for your own preferences. The other great news is it makes enough for two glasses - one for breakfast and one for lunch - if I don't want to share with my husband at breakfast. (He almost always eats the same thing for breakfast every morning.)




CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA YOGURT PROTEIN DRINK

1       cup fat free milk
1       frozen banana (You could always use other fruit if you like)
1       (5 - ounce) container Greek yogurt (any flavor - I used strawberry)
3      tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3      tablespoons unsweetened peanut powder
2      tablespoons honey


Place slices of banana on plastic wrap or wax paper on a plate and freeze for about an hour or until frozen.


Add ingredients in a blender in the order given and
blend until smooth and frothy.


No comments:

Post a Comment