Monday, January 14, 2013

HAM MUFFINWICHES

I often have times when I need to eat an early lunch (have to be somewhere at 12:30) or when I am working (volunteering) a double shift at Hillcrest Thrift Shop and need something to take to eat for lunch.  

I saw this recipe of Jenny Wiebe in Taste of Home's 2004 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes cookbook.  I like everything in it except the onions (easy to leave out) and I had a pkg of diced ham that I bought to make my favorite egg/ham scramble that I hadn't used yet. You could use leftover ham if you had it. 


HAM MUFFINWICHES

1     pkg (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread mix
1/8  teaspoon ground mustard
1/3  cup skim milk
1     tablespoon canola oil
1     egg
1     cup chopped fully cooked ham
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions 
2    tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, mustard, milk, oil, and egg just until blended.  

Stir in the ham and onion. (I left out the onion since I was making this for myself.)

Stir in the cheese.

Spoon into the muffin cups and fill half full.  (Will make 9 muffins.)  Fill the other 3 cups half way with water so the muffins will cook evenly.

Bake for 15 minutes.  Check doneness with a toothpick.

Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan with a knife.

Serve warm.  

May freeze and eat later when you are on-the-good which is what I plan to do.

UPDATE: Check out these Ham Muffinwiches I made using my homemade cornbread recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment