Thursday, August 23, 2012

SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD

Sandy's Southern Potato Salad was another dish that everyone really enjoyed at NNL's Dinner Club last month. I apologize Sandy for taking so long to share the recipe. I love potato salad and this tasted just like my recipe (in fact I make my potato salad just like Sandy does except that I use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise and I add a couple teaspoons of mustard that adds a slight taste, but also will give the potato salad a little color)

This recipe is so easy and so "Southern"....you don't really measure anything. My estimates are in the parenthesis to make enough for 4 - 6 servings


SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD

Peel and cube as many potatoes as you will need (I use red potatoes and about 3 lbs).

Boil til almost done.

Boil eggs (6)

Strain all water off potatoes and put in a large bowl for mixing.

Peel eggs and cut into small pieces. (Save one egg and cut into slices)

Add to potatoes.

Add sweet pickle relish to taste(about half a jar)

Add light mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste.  Stir. 

Garnish with sliced boiled eggs and a little paprika. 

No comments:

Post a Comment