Tuesday, March 23, 2021

LEMON SHRIMP SCAMPI

 This is the third recipe I had on two opposite pages in my blue binder that I started probably 40 years ago of recipes that looked good and I wanted to try. I didn't mean to wait so long before I actually tried this one because I love shrimp and rice and those are the two main ingredients in this dish.

Wayne was quite impressed when I served it out on a platter. I knew it was more than we were going to eat, but I wanted to get an impressive picture to share with you. As it turned out it supplied us with two and a half meals. I finished the last bit for my lunch one day when Wayne was finishing up something he hadn't eaten all of at a previous meal. It was still very appetizing and was so easy to prepare.

I wasn't sure if I should buy raw shrimp or cooked shrimp since I didn't write that down on my grocery list. The recipe actually just says 3/4 lbs shrimp, cleaned so they probably used raw shrimp. It turned out good with the precooked shrimp. I also did some creative substitutions for some of the ingredients (spices, etc) I just sprayed some butter on for the Molly McButter Natural Butter Sprinkles. Wayne likes spices foods and usually adds spices at the table. This time he didn't.



LEMON SHRIMP SCAMPI


1     cups rice (I used brown rice)

3/4  lb. large shrimp, cleaned (I used frozen precooked)

1     tablespoon olive oil

2     tablespoons minced garlic (I just used garlic powder)

2/3  cup low sodium chicken broth

1     tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1     tablespoon lemon pepper

5     tablespoons Molly McButter Natural Butter Sprinkles

Chopped parsley & lemon slices for garnish (optional)


Prepare rice according to package directions.


Heat oil in skillet.

Saute garlic 1-2 until soft...do not brown. Add in shrimp-cook 1 minute.

(Since I didn't have the minced garlic, I just sprinkled the shrimp with the garlic powder.)

Add broth, lemon juice, butter sprinkles. Increase heat and let boil 2 minutes. Pour and toss into cooked rice. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices, if you like.

(I dished out cooked rice on a platter and

spooned shrimp on the top and then spooned liquid over all. Lastly, I ground some more lemon pepper on top.)

1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared.. I got good information to read this article, thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. high quality organic rice suppliers in USA Hi there, I found your web site via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks

    ReplyDelete