Monday, March 15, 2021

EASY ZESTY PARMESAN CHICKEN

We enjoyed the Air Fryer Salmon Steaks so much that it made us rediscover our Air Fryer. We use the Air Fryer often. It does a super job on frozen sweet potato fries and frozen chicken patties or nuggets, but it has been a while since I used it for anything else. 

I had this recipe in my Blue Binder for Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken that I had never actually made. I wondered how to alter the cooking instructions for an oven baked item to cooking it in the Air Fryer. After doing a search, it appears that you lower the cooking temperature by 20%. The cooking time seems to be about the same. I used foil in the bottom of the basket when I cooked the salmon but not the pork chop a while back. I decided to use the foil this time, but as long as you spray the wire screen, I think it would be fine with no foil.

I didn't have any Italian Salad Dressing Mix and had to go to the store to buy some. They had the "plain", but I decided I would get the "zesty" one for more flavor since Wayne likes things "zesty". Since it had so many spices in it, I decided to omit the garlic. I could have easily included it since it was only a half a teaspoon but I didn't. I couldn't get all of my tenders in the basket at one time so I cooked them in two shifts. We didn't want anymore than the first basket though so I just put them in a plastic container to eat at another time.

We were very satisfied with them and I will be more willing to convert some of my recipes to the Air Fryer instead of using the oven. Especially in the summer when I would prefer not to heat up the kitchen using the oven. I did include the oven cooking directions in case you don't have an Air Fryer even though I obviously don't have pictures. 



EASY ZESTY ITALIAN PARMESAN CHICKEN

 1/2     cup grated Parmesan cheese

1         envelope Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix (can use plain Italian Salad Dressing  Mix)

Boneless chicken breast halves or chicken tenders

1/2      teaspoon garlic powder (optional if using Zesty Italian Mix)






Combine cheese, salad dressing mix, and garlic powder, if using.


Moisten chicken with water;

coat both sides with cheese mixture. 







For Air Fryer:


Line bottom of air fryer basket with foil. Not required to come up the sides as far as mine did. Spray foil.

Place coated chicken tenders or breast halves on foil. Set temperature to 370 degrees F and time to cook for 15 minutes for tenders; 20  to 25 minutes for breast halves. (check temperature of chicken after 20 for breast halves.)













For Oven:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place coated chicken pieces in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment