Monday, June 11, 2018

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE

We almost always go to Roxanne's Cafe on Sundays for lunch after church. She closes at 3 pm every day where we go. Roxanne opened at another location in Platte City and there she serves dinner every night except Sunday. Sometimes we drive up to Platte City for dinner. 

They have really good homemade pies. My husband's favorite is gooseberry pie. Once I asked Brenda, Roxanne's mother, for her recipe and she gave it to me. I still haven't made it, much to my husband's disappointment, but one day... One pie I really like is what they call Reese's Peanut Butter Pie. I asked for the recipe for it also. The only problem with it is when they mix up the ingredients for it, they end up making several pies. I just decided I would try it using the general ingredients. I tried several times last year but was just never happy with my result.

The other day I decided I was ready to give it a try again. My version isn't exactly like theirs because they don't use cream cheese with the peanut butter layer. Instead they use vanilla pudding. But I am satisfied with my version so I am ready to share my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with you.

PRINT RECIPE




CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE

1       8 - ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2    cup creamy peanut butter
2/3    cup powdered sugar
1/3    cup milk

1       (4 - serving size) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1-1/2 cup milk

1       9 - inch pie crust, baked


Preheat oven to bake pie crust according to the directions. (You may make your own pie crust - which is what I did - or use a ready made crust.) Set aside and cool completely. You can check out my Pat-in-Pan Crust , if you like.


Cream cream cheese til smooth.
Add peanut butter and
beat it together with the cream cheese til creamy smooth.
Add powdered sugar.


Add 1/3 cup milk and beat til smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure it is all blending together.

With completely cooled crust, pour peanut butter mixture in the crust and spread out smoothly.

I placed the pie in my Pyrex covered pie container and placed it in the refrigerator while I mixed up the chocolate pudding.


Combine the chocolate pudding mix with the 1-1/2 cup milk and beat with whisk for 2 minutes til smooth and thickening.



Carefully cover the peanut butter layer with the chocolate pudding spreading it out to the edges.


Cover pie and place in refrigerator for several hours.


Cover with whipped topping and return to refrigerator til ready to serve. Better if pie is made the day before you plan to serve it.
(I placed spoonfuls of the topping around the top and then carefully blended the blobs together.)


When ready to serve...

Does anyone know the secret to slicing a pie with whipped topping and pudding beneath it, to have the layers showing? I would really like to know if you are willing to share your secret with me.
I cleaned this slice up a little after I cut it so I could see the layers, but didn't do a great job with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment