Friday, June 15, 2018

S'MORES BROWNIES

It has been so hot here this month. We just skipped right over spring and went straight to summer. It has been so hot - I haven't felt like doing much cookin'. I know. That's terrible, isn't it?! 

What I have been busy the last two days doing is quilting. Blankets of Hope, our quilting group at church, met on Tuesday morning. I had my patriotic lap quilt finished and took it back to show the group. I shared pictures from our gathering on the church's Facebook page and a member of the church said she would like it to send to her son who is in the navy and stationed overseas. I was so happy to hear it was being given to someone, I was inspired to come home and get to work on another one I brought home from the meeting. So that is what I have been doing. It has come together faster than I thought it was going to. I have all of the blocks made and arranged so all I have to do is sew them together to make the quilt top. You can see a picture of it on my design wall at the bottom of the post.

I did stop sewing to go to Mexican Train yesterday afternoon. There were only six of us, but we had a great time. Friend Luci hosted and served appetizers and DESSERT. OMG, the dessert was so good. Perfect ending to a perfectly delightful afternoon with friends.

PRINT RECIPE


S'MORES BROWNIES

1       package family size (9 x 13 - inch pan) Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix OR your favorite homemade brownies
Additional ingredients to prepare brownies per package directions
3-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1-3/4 cups coarsely broken graham crackers
3       (1.55 oz) milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped

Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions.

Bake in 9 x 13 - inch pan (according to package instructions)

Cool completely on wire rack.

Heat broiler to HIGH.

Toss marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate in medium bowl. (I think Luci just sprinkled the chocolate on, then the crackers, and finally the marshmallows.)

Sprinkle mixture over brownies.

Broil with top of pan 4 to 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly toasted.

Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream. 

Here is a picture of the quilt top on my design wall. Will keep you posted as I make the lap quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment