Tuesday, June 12, 2018

BANANA BUNDT CAKE


Since there were so many recipes in Stephanie Ashcraft's 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix cookbook, I have decided I will make one of her recipes every week and dedicate one day a week to an extra special cake mix cake.

I have already shared one cake from it last week called Apple Streusel. I had some ripe bananas and decided I would make this Banana Bundt Cake as my second extra special cake mix cake. The volunteers at Hillcrest Thrift Shop raved about it. We thought it was pretty good ourselves.

PRINT RECIPE



BANANA BUNDT CAKE

2       bananas, mashed (1 cup)
1       white cake mix
1       small vanilla instant pudding (I used sugar-free vanilla instant pudding)
3       eggs
1       cup sour cream (I used lite sour cream)
1/3    cup water
2       tablespoons oil
1/4    teaspoon baking powder
1       can (16 ounces) white frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.


Combine bananas, cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, water, oil, and baking powder.
(I scraped the sides of the bowl after mixing on low just a bit.
Then mixed just a little bit longer.)
Mix just until moistened.
Pour batter into pan.


Bake 45 to 50 minutes.
Cool pan on wire rack for 10.
Invert cake onto a platter
and let cool.


Remove lid and seal on frosting. Place frosting in microwave 10 - 15 seconds to soften.
Drizzle over cake. (I heated the frosting longer so it was softer.)






I covered the cake with an airtight lid and served the next day to the volunteers at the thrift shop.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I will definitely be trying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you will be disappointed, Vivian. I only had a small piece, but it was delicious and everyone at the thrift shop raved about it. Patricia

      Delete