Thursday, June 21, 2018

A DAY AT THE DENVER ZOO

The last time we went to the Denver Zoo was thirteen years ago. Our oldest grandson, Colby, was the cutest one year little boy in his darling overalls. I wish I could show you a picture of him, but I don't have one with me. (It is so hard to believe we have a grandson fourteen years old. We now describe him as a handsome young man.)

I guess we couldn't have asked for better weather for a June day. We had some clouds and some sun; some nice breezes when we were in the shade and some warmth from the sun when we were in sunny places. The temperature was in the 70s which was quite a relief after our mid to upper 90s back home in Kansas City.

I hope you will enjoy my pictures of our day.



We waited 15 minutes for the sea lions show only to be told that the show was cancelled because one of the sea lions didn't want to cooperate. They did release four more into the area though.










Lots of people were sitting waiting for the elephant show. We didn't know when it started so we didn't wait around to see it.





The kids wanted to ride the train, but it was not operational. Instead they (Henry, Sadie, and Hallie) rode the carousel (Merry-Go-Round) I got to stand by Henry during the long ride. What fun!



Henry's favorite animal is the penguin. They were so cute.


 

Hallie's favorite are the flamingos. She reported on them once. She told me the color of the flamingo depends on their diet. (Did you know that? I didn't.)









The next two pictures show a California condor. There were two in the caged area, but I took pictures of only one of them. The second one wasn't right with the sun. They stayed in their stance with their wings spread the whole time.


He was so pretty. Right up next to the fence so I could get a really good picture of him. The one up in the tree in the next picture is harder to see.



Some pretty flowers...


And then it was time to leave...until the next time...hopefully not another thirteen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment