Wednesday, February 3, 2021

SWEET POTATO PECAN MUFFINS

With the "free" weekend before the Super Bowl next Sunday, I found myself at loose ends Sunday. The best thing or at least the easiest thing to do that allowed me to sit in my favorite place - the glider on the back porch - was to get a little more organized with my menu planning and sharing recipes here on my blog. Since it was the last day of January, it was a good time to make the changes, too for February. 

The calendar organizer I got to use for my menu planning has a tear-off side where you can make a list of things you are out of. Really good idea, but I wasn't using it for that. Actually I wasn't using it at all. I decided I would write the name of a new recipe I had made that week and then check off when I wrote and posted it. That's when I discovered I had not shared the recipe for these delicious Sweet Potato Pecan Muffins. 

How could I forget these awesome muffins? I had extra sweet potatoes from the can I used to make the Simple Sweet Potato Biscuits which are also "out-of-this-world". I love the pecans in them. I use walnuts in so much of my cooking, I forgot how much I love pecans. I hope you will try them. You won't regret it, if you do. I made 14 muffins so I gave a couple to Friend Fran.


SWEET POTATO PECAN MUFFINS

1-3/4    cups flour

1/3       cup sugar

2          teaspoons baking powder

1          teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2       teaspoon salt

1/8       teaspoon ground nutmeg

3/4       cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes

3/4       cup corn syrup

1/3       cup oil

2          eggs

1          teaspoon vanilla

1          cup chopped pecans.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 (2-1/2 inch) muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray.


Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl with a whisk.

In a mixing bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, corn syrup, oil, eggs, and vanilla until

blended.

Stir into flour mixture until well blended.

Stir in pecans.

Spoon into muffin pan.

I had enough batter to make 2 extra muffins. (Make sure you pour a little water in the empty cups so the two muffins will cook evenly.)

Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes;

then remove from pan to finish cooling on wire rack.   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment