Thursday, February 4, 2021

MAPLE NUT MUFFINS

 I gave Wayne a choice last Friday night for what I would make Saturday morning for our special breakfast and he chose these Maple Nut Muffins from the Manchester Highlands Inn: The Victorian Inn in Manchester Center, Vermont. That's the same place the awesome Orange Whole Wheat Waffles/Pancakes came from. 

They were quick to make and used whole wheat flour which Wayne prefers. I had some extra batter after making 12 muffins, so I made a small Bundt cake. I'm really loving the little bundt pan my grandchildren gave me several years ago for Christmas. I have two of them and they work out great when you have extra batter but not enough to make 6 muffins. 



MAPLE NUT MUFFINS

1/4     cup butter (1/2 stick), melted

1/2     cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)

2/3     cup maple syrup

2        eggs

1/2     cup applesauce

     *     *     *

1        cup quick-cooking oats

1-1/4  cup whole wheat flour

3/4     cup chopped walnuts

1/2     teaspoon baking powder

1/4     teaspoon salt



Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or spray muffin pan. Set aside.


Blend the butter, sour cream, maple syrup, eggs, and applesauce.

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then

add the mixture all at once and

stir just until blended.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

This is my small Bundt cake I made.

Bake 30 minutes or until done.

Allow to cool a bit before removing to wire rack.




Makes 12 - 15 muffins.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment