Wednesday, February 17, 2021

HAM & EGG CASSEROLE

 

It was a good thing that I found this recipe earlier in the week, last week, to prepare for our Saturday morning breakfast instead of remembering Friday night after going to bed that I hadn't chosen a recipe. It would have been bad news if I had had to get out of bed to boil 5 eggs. 😁 I probably would not have used this recipe and that would have been unfortunate. After usually making some delicious muffins on Saturday morning, I think Wayne was pleasantly surprised when I called him to the table to eat.

We will be enjoying this for several meals as it makes enough to serve 4 to 6 servings depending on how much you pile on the biscuits. Wayne said it would be a good dish to make when you had company, but that was okay because he really liked it. I reminded him that you could eat it for any meal at any time of the day. It would be a good dish to serve at a brunch.

I made my famous Buttermilk Biscuits to serve the casserole over instead of cooking canned biscuits. 



HAM & EGG CASSEROLE


5      eggs, hard-boiled and chopped

1      can (10-3/4 - oz) cream of chicken soup

1/4   cup milk

2      cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1      cup cooked ham, cubed

Biscuits - homemade or 12-oz tube of refrigerated biscuits, baked



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease an 8 - in square baking dish.


Combine the eggs, soup, milk, and cheese in a mixing bowl.

Blend well.

Place mixture in baking dish.

Spread ham evenly over the top.

Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.

Serve over biscuits cut open-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment