Friday, November 2, 2018

PUMPKIN AND CHIP COOKIES

Six months has gone by quickly. What a nice way to spend my Halloween morning by going for my six-month cleaning! (That was meant to be sarcasm.) My dentist and his staff fully understand that my dislike for going to the dentist has nothing to do with them personally. I just have never enjoyed going to the dentist. I would almost rather do anything else. Several years ago I started making and taking them one of my treats when I went for an appointment. I told them it was absolutely a bribe so they wouldn't hurt me. They just laughed.

I thought hard about what I could take them and finally decided to take some cookies. That way I could test them out first to make sure they were okay. Since I was going to keep some to eat myself, I substituted stevia for the sugar. They weren't real sweet but still good and I am sure they will appreciate the thought.

Dee, the receptionist, was really excited about them being almost sugar-free (there is a little sugar in the chocolate chips) and ate at least two before I left.

The recipe came from my Jamesport Kuntry Favorites cookbook and was contributed by Sarah Mae Yoder.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



PUMPKIN AND CHIP COOKIES

1     cup pumpkin
1     cup sugar (I used 1 cup stevia)
1/2  cup oil
1     egg
2     cups flour
2     teaspoons baking powder
1     teaspoon cinnamon
1/2  teaspoon salt
1     teaspoon soda in 1 teaspoon milk
1     cup chocolate chips (I used 60% cacao chips)
1/2  cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
1     teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


In a large bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg.
Stir well.


Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture along with soda mixture.
Stir well.


Stir in chips, nuts, and vanilla.


Using a cookie scoop, drop dough on cookie sheet.
Flatten with fingers if you want a flatter cooker.

Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet 1 minutes before
removing to finish cooling on wire rack.

Made 4 dozen cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment