Friday, November 9, 2018

BREADED PORK CHOPS (AIR FRYER)

Our younger son Patrick is always raving about his air fryer. When I checked them out, I hated to pay that much money for something I wasn't sure we would use that much. I have looked at estate sales hoping to find one cheaper, but no luck. 

A couple of weeks ago our neighborhood had garage sales. We never have much luck selling our "stuff" at garage sales, but we do like to support our neighbors. We had been to several sales and was on our way home when we decided to stop at one more sale. Imagine my surprise when I saw they had one for sale. The piece of blue tape on it said 15. I asked the man if it worked? (Thinking for that little amount, something had to be wrong with it.) He said it did. Then I asked him why they were selling it. He said, "Well, we decided we wanted to eat more healthy." I was really proud of myself that I didn't have any response to him. I noticed there was no paperwork with it so I asked him if he had the manual. He said he didn't but I knew I could go online and copy one off. 

Well, we have used it for several things. It took us a bit to figure how how to use it, but we didn't give up. I copied a couple of recipe from the online manual, but this recipe for the breaded pork chops, I found online from Ronda Eagle at Kitchen Dreaming. 

They were so delicious and moist. We have made them twice. The first time I didn't spray the basket of the fryer with nonstick cooking spray and when I turned the chops half way through cooking time, some of the crumb mixture stuck to the basket. When I turned the chop over, to cook the last 6 minutes, they didn't stick. So the second time we tried it, we sprayed the bottom of the basket lightly and the chop didn't stick to it. The recipe says you can do four pork chops, but our pork chops are so big, only two could cook at a time.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


BREADED PORK CHOPS (AIR FRYER)

2     center-cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1     egg white, beaten
1/4  cup water
1/2  cup Panko breadcrumbs (I make my own breadcrumbs)
2     teaspoons paprika
1     teaspoon oregano
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder
1/4  teaspoon black pepper
1/8  teaspoon dry mustard
1/4  teaspoon salt
non-stick cooking spray

Remove the fry pan basket from the fryer and lightly spray the basket net. Place basket back into the base tray.

Beat egg white with water with a fork in a shallow bowl big enough to dip pork chop in.

Mix together the breadcrumbs with the spices in another shallow bowl (a pie plate is good for this).


Place pork chop first in the egg white/water mixture and turn to coat both sides.

Then place chop in breadcrumb mixture.
Turn to cover both sides. Make sure you also cover the edges.

Place chops in basket making sure they don't touch. Lightly spray the chops with cooking spray.
Place base tray in air fryer.









Change the temperature to 380 degrees F. Set timer for 12 minutes. 

Cook the chops for 6 minutes and then turn the chops over and lightly spray the chops. Cook for 6 more minutes. 

Allow the chops to rest for 3 minutes before serving. (We leave them in the fryer for the 3 minutes.)


There is enough crumb mixture to cook two more chops. I just put the mixture in the refrigerator and saved it until we were ready to cook two more. Since I am new at this, I am interested in your feedback re how you would keep the first two warm while you cooked two more.



No comments:

Post a Comment