Wednesday, November 14, 2018

EASY BEAN AND BACON SOUP

Hard to find two things that go better together than a bowl of soup and a cold winter day. Technically it isn't winter yet, but the last few days have felt like autumn is over and winter has arrived. Crazy watching it snow when our maple trees still have leaves on them. Anyway, feeling that way meant I just had to try this Easy Bean and Bacon Soup. I have changed the recipe to say 1 - 2 cans of beans. My husband doesn't like a "soupy" soup. By that I mean, lots of liquid. We decided it definitely could have used another can. I'll let you decided how many cans you want to use.

Taste really great!

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



EASY BEAN AND BACON SOUP

1 - 2     15-oz cans of Ranch beans or mild chili beans
1           8-oz can tomato sauce
1          15-oz can chicken broth
1/2        small onion, chopped
1           teaspoon Morton's Nature Seasoning
6           slices bacon, cooked and crumbled


Combine all ingredients except bacon in saucepan or soup pot.


Bring to a boil.








Reduce heat to simmer and simmer 15 minutes. (I covered the pot with its lid.)


Cook bacon while soup is simmering.







Add bacon when ready to serve. Serve hot. (I just added to the bowl of soup and then put the rest in the refrigerator until we heated the soup up for leftovers. I also heated up the bacon bits in the microwave and tossed some on top in each bowl.)


You can mash up a few of the beans to make a thicker soup, if you like. I did 3 or 4 spoonfuls.

No comments:

Post a Comment