Friday, November 30, 2018

CRANBERRY-ORANGE BREAD

I have to admit it is hard for me to pass up a recipe for bread that contains cranberries and orange. So needless to say, when I saw Cathy Soto's recipe in her Home Cooking with the Moyer Family cookbook, I didn't pass it up.

And once again, I wasn't disappointed in the results. Since I was making it for my husband, Wayne, and me, I decided to make it in two mini pans instead of one 9 x 5 - inch loaf pan. We ate one and I froze the other one. (It didn't stay frozen too long though.)

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



CRANBERRY-ORANGE BREAD

2       cup flour
1       cup quick oats, uncooked
3/4    cup sugar
2       teaspoons baking powder
1/2    teaspoon salt
3/4    cup orange juice
2       eggs
1/3    cup oil
1       tablespoon grated orange peel (I use the dried orange peel)
3/4    cup chopped cranberries
1/2    cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bottom only of a 9 x 5 - inch loaf or two mini loaf pans.


Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a whisk; 
Using a spoon, spread mixture to make a "hole" in the center; set aside.


Beat orange juice, eggs, oil, and orange peel until mixed thoroughly.


Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients (make sure you get all that orange peel),
mixing just until moistened. 


Stir in cranberries and nuts.


Pour batter into prepared pan(s).


Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (I baked the mini loaves between 45 and 50 minutes.)


Cool 10 minutes in pan(s) on wire rack.
Remove from pan(s) and cool completely on rack. 








Wrap in foil. Can eat one and freeze the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment