Monday, December 3, 2018

CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES

I hope you are enjoying all my recipes using cranberries that I have been sharing with you lately. I actually use cranberries/dried cranberries all year long, but since fresh ones are in the grocery stores right now, it seems a good time to use them. I buy them fresh and then freeze them to use throughout the year. I am constantly buying dried cranberries because I use them instead of raisins in recipes. A recently purchased cookbook called Yolanda's All New Cranberry Cookbook is nothing but recipes using cranberries. Great buy!

I have several recipes marked to try and have already shared one of them with you, Norma's Cranberry Pumpkin Bread. Recently, though I wanted some cookies in the cookie jar and picked the recipe for Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies to make. They were so good which shouldn't surprise you since I don't share a recipe that isn't just really awesome. One reason I chose it was it said the recipe made 24 cookies. I made more than, but not too many.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES

1     cup rolled oats
1     cup flour
1/2  cup sugar
1/2  teaspoon baking powder
1/2  teaspoon baking soda
1/2  teaspoon ground cinnamon
1     large egg, beaten with a fork
1/3  cup butter, melted
1     teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2  cup sweetened dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Make a well in the center.


Add beaten egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
Stir well with a spoon.

Fold in dried cranberries.



Using a cookie scoop place cookies about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.


Remove cookies to cool on wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment