Friday, December 14, 2018

BROWN SUGAR MEAT LOAF

Wednesday Worker Walt finished their work in our kitchen when he hung the "jar" lamp I bought in the West Bottoms months ago before we were even thinking about our current remodeling project in our kitchen and deck/back porch. When I saw it, I knew that I wanted it hanging over my sink in the kitchen. Friend Janice agreed that she thought it would be perfect there with my other decor. (See pictures below of remodeled kitchen.

Too celebrate (not really, but it sounds good) I decided I would finally make this Brown Sugar Meat Loaf for dinner. It was made for the actors while filming Bridges of Madison County and was in the cookbook, Recipes of Madison County from the Movie Bridges of Madison County. The note on the recipe said that it was made using ground turkey instead of ground round because the actors preferred white meat. It had to bake for 90 minutes and I thought I would take a well-deserved rest during that time but that didn't happen. I ended up getting everything back on the walls and finished just as the timer went off on the oven. (Don't forget to check out the pictures following the recipe.) I still need to paint the pantry doors the Betsy's Linen, but there is always this weekend. I'm just ready to get it finished, but not looking forward to painting the doors.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


BROWN SUGAR MEAT LOAF

2     pounds ground round
1     cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
1/4  cup chopped onion
1/8  teaspoon salt
1/8  teaspoon pepper
2     large eggs, slightly beaten
3/4  cup milk
2     tablespoons barbecue sauce
vegetable cooking spray

1/4  cup ketchup
2     tablespoons brown sugar
1     teaspoon dry mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5 - inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl/container combine the ground beef, stuffing mix, onion, salt, and pepper. (I ended up using my hands to make sure everything was evenly distributed.)

Beat eggs and
add milk and barbecue sauce.

Pour egg mixture into container with meat mixture and
mix well.

Press mixture into loaf pan.

Combine in a small bowl, the ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard.
Spread over the top of the mixture in the loaf pan.


Bake for 90 minutes.

Serve hot.









Here are pictures of our new kitchen -- we got rid of the popcorn ceiling and terribly done sand-in-paint walls and new lighting. I painted the walls and will eventually have all the wooden trim including the pantry doors painted the Betsy's Linen.

First my newly cleaned and reorganized pantry. I had hoped to have an island in the room and got rid of a cabinet I had been using. The island is on hold right now and I needed to find a place to store cookware I had stored in the cabinet. Not perfect, but hopefully I will find an island with storage. My husband likes the harvest table but it doesn't give me any storage space.







Just love my hanging light...

Here are some pictures of our "conservatory" (sun room) that we are adding on our back deck.  Our friend Cathy saw a picture I had posted on Facebook and commented, "I just love conservatories." so we are calling it our conservatory.





So ready for the job to be completely finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment