Monday, November 27, 2017

PUMPKIN PECAN PIE

We still have three more days in November so I'm not through with pumpkin yet. I'm also not ready to decorate my house for Christmas. It seems like I just decorated it for fall. I have friends who have had their Christmas decorations up for weeks. 

I love my house when it is decorated for both fall and Christmas. I just have to be in the right mood to do it. It will be interesting this year. You see, I always distinguish between Christmas and winter. If it doesn't contain a decorated tree, presents, or Santa, it is winter. Well, last year or I should say earlier this year, I donated all of my snowmen to Hillcrest Thrift Shop before winter was over so they could sell them. Not sure what I will do this year after Christmas.

Anyway, as I was saying, I'm not through with recipes with pumpkin. My husband isn't crazy about pumpkin. He admits it is probably not pumpkin he doesn't like as much as it is cloves. He can detect cloves like I can detect onion. I even have a Honey Pumpkin Pie recipe I make if I want just a plain pumpkin pie. He likes it. It has no cloves and also the pumpkin gives it a different texture. 

Well, he liked this Pumpkin Pecan Pie. He loves nuts and it isn't very "spicy" as it only has a little nutmeg and cinnamon. It is another recipe from the Big Valley Amish Cook-Book. Mrs. Daniel P. Kanagy was the contributor. I did use a few substitutions.



PUMPKIN PECAN PIE

3       slightly beaten eggs
1       cup mashed pumpkin (I used canned pumpkin)
1       cup sugar (I used stevia)
1/2    cup dark corn syrup (I used light corn syrup)
1       cup or 1/2 cup chopped pecans (I used 2/3 cup pecans pieces)
1/2    teaspoon cinnamon
1/4    teaspoon nutmeg
1/4    teaspoon salt
1       teaspoon vanilla
1       9 - inch unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Prepare pie crust and set it aside. (This pie crust is definitely a keeper.)


In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and
then add the pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla salt, and spices.


Mix well.


Pour mixture into pie crust.


Sprinkle chopped pecans over mixture.


Bake for 40 minutes.


Chill
before serving with
whipped cream, if desired.




Here are some pictures of my fall decorations...





2 comments:

  1. Thank you, very nice fall decorations not to mention the recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete