Wednesday, November 29, 2017

CRANBERRY HONEY BUTTER SPREAD

If you saw my post from yesterday, I mentioned this absolutely marvelous Cranberry Honey Butter Spread that is the perfect pairing with the Biltmore Estate's Cranberry Orange Scones that I made. I saw the recipe from Taste of Home and thought I would make some and give to friends for Christmas along with a mini loaf of bread. I still plan to do that, but most of this first attempt ended up at my son's on Thanksgiving. I filled a half-pint jar and took it to them when we went to their house for Thanksgiving Dinner. I kept the rest for us.



CRANBERRY HONEY BUTTER SPREAD

1        cup butter, softened
1/3    cup finely chopped dried cranberries
1/4    cup honey
2       teaspoons grated orange peel 
1/8    teaspoon kosher salt


In a small bowl, beat all ingredients until blended. 

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.

The Taste of Home test kitchen suggests you try dried blueberries with lemon peel, or dried cherries with lime peel. They also suggested replacing the honey with maple syrup and use with a stack of fluffy pancakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment