Thursday, November 9, 2017

APPLE & CINNAMON ROLL BISCUITS


This original recipe of mine has taken on a personality of its own. I started with just Cinnamon Roll Biscuits. Then I created Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Biscuits. Recently, I decided to try some grated apple and before I knew it, I had created Apple & Cinnamon Roll Biscuits. Who knows where my mind will take me the next time.

I have loved each creation I have come up with, but I kinda think these last ones might be my favorite. I hope you will give them a try. I have links below for the other variations.


APPLE & CINNAMON ROLL BISCUITS

2       cups flour
3       teaspoons baking powder
1/2    teaspoon salt
1/4    teaspoon baking soda
1/2    teaspoon sugar
5       tablespoons shortening
3/4    cup buttermilk (1 %)
1       stick butter, melted
1/2    cup packed light brown sugar
cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1       apple, peeled and grated
1       generous cup of powdered sugar, sifted
1-2    tablespoons milk for desired consistency

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Sift together twice the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar.


Add shortening and work in 1 tablespoon at a time (I use my fingers).


Add buttermilk and
work with the mixture just til all of the flour mixture is wet.


Drop dough on a lightly floured surface and knead (work) it about 5 times
til dough is fairly smooth. (You don't want to work with it too long.)


Form dough into a rectangular shape
to roll out thin
in a larger rectangular.


Melt the stick of butter and brush at least half of it over dough to cover.
(You can pour it out in the center and then spread it with a brush or spoon if you like.)


Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.

Shake cinnamon over the sugar to give a nice coverage. Then sprinkle nutmeg over top.



Sprinkle grated apple on top 








Starting at one end, roll up as tightly as you can until you are almost all the way across. Then bring the other end up over to finish the roll.
Cut rolls 1-1/2 to 2 inches wide and move rolls to baking sheet.







Brush cut edges of rolls with the rest of the melted butter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.




While biscuits are cooking, mix sifted powdered sugar with milk to make a glaze for the biscuits.



Drizzle over hot biscuits...








You might want to check out these other variations:

CINNAMON ROLL BISCUITS

PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL BISCUITS


No comments:

Post a Comment