Tuesday, October 24, 2017

CROCKPOT MOCK LASAGNA

As I have said before many times, when my friend Janice and I go to estate sales I particularly look for Amish cookbooks and cookbooks from diners, restaurants, and cafes. I have been lucky over the last few months to find a number of each of these.

Today recipe comes from a 1930's diner that is still open today called Moody's Diner in Waldoboro, Maine. This cookbook, What's Cooking at Moody's Diner is more than a cookbook as it is filled with pictures, stories, floor plans, etc of this diner. All of the recipes are from the Moody's large family along with a few recipes from long-time employees. I don't know if I will ever get that far north, but if I do, I know I have to check this place out. Until then, I'm just going to have fun making some of their specialties. This recipe is contributed to Cynthia Hilton.


CROCKPOT MOCK LASAGNA

1       pkg (10 oz) lasagna noodles (I used 10 noodles from a 12 oz box)
1       lb ground beef 
1       chopped onion
12     oz mozzarella cheese, grated
12     oz cottage cheese
1-1/2 tablespoons parsley
1       jar (32 oz) spaghetti sauce
2       tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2    lb Italian sausage

Break noodles into bite-size pieces,
cook, and drain.

Brown meat and drain.







Grease crock pot.

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and stir lightly.

Top with grated Parmesan cheese and cook for 7 - 9 hours on Low of 3 - 5 hours on High.

I grate my own cheese by buying the block cheese and then grating it myself. So much better this way. I measure it by the ounces and not cups though.

No comments:

Post a Comment