Monday, October 16, 2017

CARROT CAKE COOKIES

When we were visiting our older son and his family a few weeks ago in CO, I asked my DIL Sara if she had any quick and easy recipes I could make to take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop. She asked me if I had heard about Carrot Cake Cookies. She said they were the latest thing. 

When I needed something to take last Wednesday, I thought about those cookies. (I know I usually go on Tuesdays but the second week of the month I meet with Blankets of Hope at church.) When I asked Sara how long did she cook them, she told me 8 minutes and then she left them on the cookie sheet for a bit before removing them. Well, at 10 minutes, I didn't think the cookies had cooked long enough. We finally decided the difference might be in the higher elevation they are at in CO and then I also used a larger cake mix than she did. She also said they like soft cookies and not crunchy ones. Guess there may be many reasons why we cooked them for different lengths of time. I would suggest you experiment with a few initially to see which time you prefer.

I did use a larger size cake mix. The one I used was 18.25 ounces; the one she used was 15.25 ounces. The cookies should still be puffy when you remove them and lightly browned around the edges. Cool slightly on pan before you remove them to finish cooling on wire racks.

They were really good. The volunteers raved about them at the thrift shop. I told one volunteer I used dried cranberries instead of raisins (because I didn't have any raisins) and she said she preferred the cranberries. (I do also.)



CARROT CAKE COOKIES

1       carrot cake mix 
2       eggs
1       stick of butter, at room temperature
1       cup dried cranberries or raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine mix, eggs, and butter and beat with electric mixer until smooth.

Stir in cranberries.
Using a small cookie scoop, drop cookies no more than 12 on a cookie sheet at a time. They will spread slightly when baking.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes for soft cookie. Bake 12 - 14 minutes for a soft, but crunchier cookie. Allow to cook slightly on cookie sheet. Cookies will be puffy when you remove them from oven, but should be browning around edges. (I thought I took a picture of them when I first took them out of the oven so you could see they were puffy, but I didn't.)

Finish cooling on wire rack. (I did bake mine for the 14 minutes.)







Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment