Wednesday, October 4, 2017

PENN STATE SLOW-COOKER PIZZA DIP

I am always so excited when I find a dip/appetizer I could serve when friends come over. I don't make a lot of appetizers or dips because I don't usually eat them. The main reason is because it always seems like they have raw onions or peppers in them. 

So you can image my excitement when Friend Carol served this Pizza Dip for the Farkle group. It was definitely enjoyed by all and I am sure I will be making it when I need one.



PENN STATE SLOW-COOKER PIZZA DIP

1       lb softened cream cheese (You could use fat free if you like)
8       ounces shredded Italian-blend cheese
8       ounces cooked and crumbled hot or milk Italian sausage
1       (15 - ounce) can pizza sauce
2       teaspoons Italian seasoning

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients.

Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour or until melted and bubbling.

Stir.
Turn to LOW to keep warm. (If your slow cooker has a keep warm setting, use it.)

Sprinkle with additional cheese before serving, if you like.

Makes about 4 cups.

Serve with sliced baguette, tortilla chips, or cut-up vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment