Tuesday, August 4, 2015

LACY CHOCOLATE CHIP - OATMEAL COOKIES

Last week, I published a recipe for some Amish Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were a delicious not - to - sweet semi - soft cookie. When I saw Mary Nichols recipe for a chocolate chip - oatmeal cookie in a recent estate sale find (Apache Appetite Delights from the Apache Elementary School in Overland Park, Kansas), I thought I would give them a try. I like cookies with oats in them and of course, chocolate chips.

When I made them, they flattened so much I decided they were more like a "Lacy" cookie so I renamed them. I experimented with each batch I made and finally decided the ones I cooked using the parchment paper turned out the best. Mary's recipe said to use a greased cookie sheet. Generally speaking the cookies wanted to get browner around the edges while the centers were still baking. They taste really great though so I won't worry if they look a little browner than I like. My husband thinks they are pretty good too.



LACY CHOCOLATE CHIP - OATMEAL COOKIES

1/2       cup butter
1/2       cup sugar
1/2       cup brown sugar
1           egg
3/4      cup flour
1/2       teaspoon baking soda
1/4       teaspoon salt
1           teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2    cups oats (I used old fashioned)
1           cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.


Cream butter and sugars together til light and creamy.


Add egg.


Sift together the flour, soda, and salt. Add to mixture, mixing well.


Add vanilla, oats, and chips.


I used my cookie scoop and baked no more than 12 at a time on the sheet. Even though they will spread, I did flatten them slightly with my fingers.


Bake for 9 - 10 minutes.


Remove fairly quickly from pan and cool on wire rack. 







Remember, if you want to print this recipe using the print icon below, you will be given the option to "remove images" when the print window opens. If you do not see the print icon, you need to scroll back up to the post title and tap/click on it. Then you will see just this post and the print icon will be before the share buttons. Home will take you back to the blog and the most recent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment