Monday, August 31, 2015

SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND CAKE

I know I have at least one friend from our Farkle group who is waiting for this post. Why? Because the last words out of Friend Sue's mouth when we all left were, "You'll have the recipe on your blog, won't you?" I've kept her waiting a week so I can't make her wait any longer.

Friend Barb served us this Scandinavian Almond Cake for dessert and everyone couldn't quit oohing and aahing. It was fantastic.


SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND CAKE

1-1/4       cups sugar
1             egg
1-1/2      teaspoons pure almond extract
2/3        cup milk
1-1/4      cups flour
1/2         teaspoon baking powder
1             stick melted margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray pan with cooking spray.

Beat well the sugar, egg, almond extract, and milk.

Add the flour and baking powder.

Add the butter.

Mix well.

Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 - 50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown.

Cool in pan on wire rack before removing. Cake will break if you remove it too soon.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Slice and serve with fresh fruit and a little whipped cream.


This is what the pan looks like that Barb used. In fact the recipe came with the pan.







I don't have the special pans she used to make it, so will be trying it in a different pan. I have a loaf pan that I got at an estate sale that is long and slender like this that I will try first. If you decide to try it before I do, please let me know how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think I can make this in a bundt pan instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know. If you decide to try it, please let me know how it turns out. Patricia

      Delete