Wednesday, August 19, 2015

BANANA OATMEAL PROTEIN CUPS

Lunch is such a difficult meal for me. I can't go without eating it, but I get tired of peanut butter sandwiches. I'm trying to control the amount of processed meat I eat so that eliminates ham or turkey sandwiches. Sometimes I eat a grilled cheese sandwich. My friend Carol eats protein "cookies" and muffins just about every day. She has a number of different ways she alters (adds ins) to her couple of recipes so she has some variety. So lately I have been looking for recipes for muffins that have added protein powder so I feel like I am eating better.

This recipe (I don't remember where I saw it...I copied it down on a note pad and didn't include where it came from) was just for banana oatmeal cups with chocolate chips. I decided I could add the protein powder and make them more substantial. 

I will freeze most of them and then just get them out when I am ready to eat one. If I am home, I might warm them up for a bit in the microwave and eat them warm. You know you could also eat one for breakfast if you eat breakfast "on the run". Why not include one in your child's lunch?



BANANA OATMEAL PROTEIN CUPS

3       mashed bananas (1 cup)
1        cup milk
2       eggs, beaten
1        tablespoon baking powder
3       tablespoons protein powder
3       cups old fashion oats
1        teaspoon vanilla
3       tablespoons mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 15 - 16 muffin tin cups with paper liners and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.


Combine all ingredients except the chips in a large bowl with a spoon.

Let rest 10 - 15 minutes (while the oven is preheating?).

Add the chips.


Fill the liners ... it bakes up but not a lot.


Bake 15 - 18 minutes. Cups must be firm to touch (in the center) and starting to turn brown.


Cool a bit on wire rack. Remove and continue to cool.







Can freeze to eat at a later date.






Store in an airtight container or in  the frig.

Remember you can print the recipe using the print icon below. You will have the option to remove images when the print window opens. If you do not see the print icon below, you need to scroll back up to the title for this post (just under the date) and click or tap on it. That will take you to just this post and the print icon will be at the bottom before the share icons. Home will take you back to my blog and the most recent posts. You can also get back there by clicking on my blog title My Patchwork Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment