Thursday, October 16, 2014

PRALINE PUMPKIN DESSERT

What a beautiful dry day we had in Kansas City Tuesday.  Windy as the dickens, but "3 out of 4 ain't bad", is it. At least that's what the song says. The ground is so wet from all of our rain it is slushy when you walk on it.

I saw this recipe in an email I got from Betty Crocker.  I love pumpkin desserts and this one looked like a good one to take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop Tuesday. When I took it in and told them I had forgotten the whipped topping, they all started complaining (jokingly).  With one bite though, all I heard were oohs and aahs and positive compliments. I told them that was good to hear. Amy asked me hadn't I made it before. Then I told her they were all "guinea pigs" (I wanted to spell it "ginnie pig" but my husband didn't want me to.) for my blog.  Then she asked me how I made all these desserts and not gain a lot of weight. I told her what I tell everyone, "I eat one piece and then give the rest away."  When my shift was over and I went to get my pan, I have to admit I was glad there were a couple of servings left.  It really is good and I was glad I would get to enjoy more than one piece of this one.




PRALINE PUMPKIN DESSERT

1           can (15 oz) canned pumpkin
1           can (12 oz) evaporated milk (fat free okay)
3          eggs
1           cup sugar (1/2 cup sugar/stevia blend okay)
4          teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1           box yellow or spice cake mix (sugar free yellow okay)
1 - 1/2  cups chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4      cup margarine, melted (I used 1 stick *)
whipped cream, if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease or spray a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan.


Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spice with a wire whisk until smooth.


Pour into the pan.


Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture.



Sprinkle with pecans.


Pour melted margarine evenly over top. (I like to thinly slice the stick margarine and evenly place them over the top.)


Bake 50 to 60 minutes or til knife comes out clean. (50 minutes was plenty of time in my oven)


Cool 30 minutes before cutting.


Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped topping, if you like. (I did forget mine and no one complained - after they took a bite.)

Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment