Wednesday, October 8, 2014

APPLE CIDER BUNDT CAKE



APPLE CIDER BUNDT CAKE

1        yellow cake mix (I used a sugar free yellow cake mix)
1/2    cup margarine, melted
3       eggs
1-1/3 cup apple cider
1        teaspoon cinnamon
1/2    teaspoon allspice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 12 - cup capacity Bundt cake pan.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.  Beat on low speed to blend.

Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.

Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.

Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.

Turn out onto serving platter.







Drizzle with glaze.


Apple Cider Glaze

2     cups powdered sugar, sifted
enough apple cider to make a glaze the consistency you desire


Tuesday was my scheduled day to volunteer at Hillcrest Thrift Shop.  We got back from being out of town for the weekend Monday night around 7.  I was thinking I would have to make my dessert that night, but decided I would have enough time the next morning to make it.  (We had to get up at 7 to get the rental car turned in so my husband could get to the golf course in plenty of time to play golf.) So Monday night I just searched through some recipe trying to decide what I was going to make.

I had seen several recipes using apple cider a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't sure where I had seen them.  I finally found it in the Quick Fixes with Mixes cookbook by Lia Wilson. I used a sugar free cake mix to reduce the amount of sugar. 

Everyone at Hillcrest really enjoyed it. In fact, there was only 1 piece left at the end of my shift.  It sure tasted good! (Mark is still talking about the ICE CREAM CAKE I made a week or so ago.  He has voted it his all - time favorite, but he did drop by the register to tell me the cake was really good, as always. Thanks, Mark.)

No comments:

Post a Comment